April 11, 2011

Mary McDonald's Style...

Well I'm sure you've all seen the great works of Mary McDonald many times but I personally cannot tire of seeing her incredibly inspiring designs and as I am in search of all sorts of inspiration for my new place, I thought I'd turn to the ever stylish and creative Mary McDonald for some tips and ideas... One of the many things that I like about her designs is her ability to create fun statement floors, she is constantly drawing your eye to these amazing floor patterns and colours and I just LOVE that...What do you love about her designs? 


This was a room with wooden floors that she didn’t want to tear up. So she took this seagrass rug and painted the rug with the pattern you see above. It really made the whole room more modern. She suggests for those who'd like to do this, to make sure the pattern’s going to hit where you want it to. If you do it right, it’ll really adds a lot to the room. But make sure you’re using natural fibers — seagrass, sisal or jute.





Don't you just love these floors....you'd think that was rug but she painted the wooden floors in zigzags to bring a fun and modern look to the floors....Amazing...



Mary McDonald's Tips



Images via elements of style, knight moves, my notting hill, epitome of chic and i design love. Tips via InStyle and Veranda.

11 comments:

  1. Ok, so I want that first bathroom, the one with the yellow touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Love the tips! Loving those peacock blue plush ottomans! Miss Walker xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately I've been really into deep jewel tones, like the bedroom in your second pic. Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anasatasia, I agree!

    Her sense of strong contrast is always evident and it always works! I just love that teal blue and white bedroom!

    Gorgeous and Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something about Mary isn't! Love her interiors! I am so in love with your blog! Thank you for stopping by and following mine. Maybe we can share our blogging experiences and frustrations, since we started about the same time for the love of design. Hope we keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Sister Sophisticate - That should have been my post name - 'there's something about Mary' can't believe i didn't think of it... ha... Thank so much for stopping by and I love your blog too.. and yes let's keep in touch, I will be checking in, that's for sure. x anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with the blue in the first two images, I have a commercial job coming up I'm hoping to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Post!! I have just awarded you with the "One Lovely Blog Award", have a look at my blog to find out what you need to do, take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Jaz.. I'm so honoured... Thank You :) This is my first award... I'm so excited..xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow - I just absolutely love the colours!!!

    Anya

    X

    ReplyDelete